The view I get to see from campus

Monday, December 27, 2010

Fast Approaching......

         It feels only like a week has gone by since I opened the unofficial e-mail one evening that me told of my first general acceptance into the graduate education program at WSU Vancouver. And it seems only like yesterday that I got the official letter in the mail that told of my overall acceptance into the graduate studies at Washington State University from the head graduate studies department in Pullman, Washington. And now, within two weeks or so, I will be heading to my first graduate class of my academic and teaching career. Holy cow is all I can say, holy cow. Course, once I start getting use to this new schedule, it may come as second nature to me as all of my previous schooling has been in the past academic years. (And as I had just written that last sentence, this huge spider fell from my ceiling and landed right on the keyboard that I am typing this message on. Yikes!!! :S After 20 minutes of trying to find that creature, it is no where in site. I scared the thing right outta here ;)).
        After that little showcase, you are probably wanting to know what classes I am taking to start this new academic pursuit. Well, I had no idea myself of what I should start out with when I was given the list of courses to take for the degree and endorsement that I was taking. You may think the lower level classes, but since I'm new to graduate studies, I just wouldn't take the chance without getting advice first. So, I went to the gal in the education department that is the academic education advisor to get some insight on what I should take. And from what she told me are the two classes I'll be taking the Spring 2011 semester:

-Special Education 301: Education of Exceptional Children
-Teaching & Learning 565: Introduction to Scholarly Inquiry

         When I look at the 565 course, I just get intimidated by the high number of the course, like wow, I won't know what to expect in this class...........like "is it going to be super tough?", "is it worse than I'll imagine it to be?", and better yet "will I even survive in this high level course?" I know that when I look back at this blog post later in time, I know I may laugh at this fear that I'm currently describing, but hey, it's ok to be scared of what lies in the unknown for now. And it's good to remember all the wonderful encouragements that I received over the years in my undergraduate studies, especially from professors telling me how wonderful I'd be if I'd go pursue my Masters. Well, let's hope they're right, which I'm sure they are :).
         To make this new semester an even more of a happy occasion, I am going to go on a little shopping spree for school supplies! :) It's been soooo long since I've done this, but hey, I'm going to enjoy it, but not too much though ;). A trip to Office Depot I go! :)

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!!! That is so awesome that you are doing that...those classes do sound hard but I am sure you will do great! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete